Friday, March 23, 2007

Once upon a time . . .

Once upon a time I kept my blog pretty up to date. ;) I've been keeping up three journals - this one and a two private ones on another non-public site. Most of my ramblings have been going to the latter. Nothing exciting, just the mundane ramblings of my life - one journal is related to the shopping/renovating going on in the house and the other is just our lives. :) Life is just busy.


New carpeting is being installed Friday and then the real moving around begins. There are at least 3 new closet organizers to be installed and 1/2 of a room (which use to be my scraproom) to be disassembled. I haven't scrapped much at all lately; I got burned out of it physically and emotionally for awhile I think. When I do scrap, I still enjoy it, but I just can't get myself to DO it as much as I use to. So, I've made the choice to downsize. It'll need to be done in the end anyways since the guest bedroom will become a nursery in the next year or two OR the house will be put up for sale and I want people to see the room as a bedroom. The hallway/landing space. Ehhhh, that's expendable. I picked up a soothing green color for the one wall that will be painted a different color than the wheat bread brown. I ordered my elfa wall shelves, a new cabinet and some new accessories. Since my storage needs to go verticle now more than ever I want the storage to be attractive. There are no longer doors to hide everything. I had another cabinet where I hid all of the ugly steralite storage, but since I have to go verticle with my elfa shelves, gone will be the ugly containers. Luckily I scored some pretty inexpensive goodies. The accessories are all colorful and lively since the wall colors won't be quite so wacky anymore. ;)


Here's the clock I ordered:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


These boxes:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This drawer unit from the Container store:


Everything is ordered, now I just have to wait for it all. This weekend is carpet rip up weekend. Exciting, yes?

No comments: