Monday, April 30, 2007

The best of intentions

Ah, the best of intentions to scrap the weekend away went out the window when the weather turned out BEAUTIFUL. So, I spent lots of time ouside with my best little friend. And then I shopped online . . . a lot. I just want this house finished. I was waiting and paying it all off a little at a time in cash but I just pretty much relented and decided to buy everything now - it'll all be paid off in the next month or two and the headache and annoyance it will save me will be worth the few dollars in interest it'll cost me.

So I bought this bedding for the guest room/playroom. It's very colorful and will work great in the playroom. I swear it has every color Fisher Price and Little Tikes ever used. ;) The bedskirt will be white and the pillow shams are lime green. Can't wait until it gets here so I can get that room done.







I also ordered shelves for the living room. I'm tired of the boxes of books sitting against my wall. Plus, the bottom shelves are 14" which would be perfect for storing scrapbooks.








I did play on Saturday night when it rained a little. I made one page with the April OPAAT kit. LOVE these kits. They tend to be pretty girly, but I find them really packed full of goodies and look forward to them coming every month. They're having a DT call for the summer. I may or may not try out. Ironically, there's was the last team I tried out for as well. I was going to make a few cards as well, but I never got around to it. Maybe next weekend since DH is off on Saturday AND it happens to be NSD. AND, I ordered a few new goodies from Scrap Supply including the For the Record stamps from AL and the Bind it All machine. I figure the binding machine can be used in my classroom as well which means TAX WRITE OFF! :) Love dual purposing. My kiddos just wrote autobiographies in English class and I encouraged them to "be creative" and "add pictures." I never called it a scrapbook though for fear of turning the boys off to the project. Anyway, I'm sure I can find a cheaper source of wire bindings and then I can bind all of their projects for them. :) Plus, I'm thinking of reviving the ebay mini-album business this summer. I might try regular mini-albums rather than paper bag albums.













No comments: